I am doing a photography project and I am in desprate need of a model! Here's some info if you are interested.
There will be short interviews in the Library on Friday March 11 ( this upcoming friday). I will be located near the BACK computers, away from the book section of the Library ( near the seperate computer room.) There, I will ask all those who come to fill out a small contact card so I know how to get in conact with you if you do get chosen. You may also be asked to "strike a pose" to help me get a better idea of what I would be working with. This would all be before first period on that friday. I will not be responsible if you are late to your class so the earlier you get there the better.
WHAT EXACTLY WILL YOU BE DOING?
Basically I need three good shots that are similar to the artist I was assigned to. The following links are some of his work so you can get a feel for what you would be probably doing. ( also an image google search of "Irving Penn" may help you out with this. Keep in mind that this man did many covers for Vogue magazine so these will be photos of that genre!
I don't have many requirements except for a few...
1) Be on time. I would like to shoot this weekend ( March 12 or 13 ). How ever, if that cannot be done for what ever reason, I can shoot after school from Monday ( March 14) to Tuesday (March 15) In the afternoon.(This is for the case if the model chosen on Friday is not free on the weekend)Please keep this in mind!
2) Don't complain. I would like someone easy to work with and will have fun with the photoshoot. If you know you're just going to B*tch and moan, don't bother.
3) Must be a FEMALE!
4) If you do get picked, your outfit will be a long black dress/gown with black heels. I have some to provide, but I cannot guarantee you will love them or will fit, so I suggest if you have one of your own, bring it to the photoshoot.
I have some minor preferences for what I am looking for in a model, but they do not all apply! So, basically any female who is interested can try out.
2) Dark Haired
3) Fairly tall
4) Have own LONG black gown and black heels ( I have some to provide if need be but I cannot guarantee it will fit )
Again! These are not requirements and I might pick a model that does not even fit that description, so EVERYONE is welcome to try out.
I know some people would like something out of this....so here is what I have come up with
1) I will gladly make prints for anyones "modeling portfolio" if they call for one or prints for their own personal use. I am debating on blowing it up for the lucky model to be "poster size"
2) *might* ( and i stress might ) get paid. May not happen because I'm a starving artist myself, so I cant offer that much.
A MODEL MIGHT NOT BE CHOSEN ON FRIDAY!!
If for what ever reason I do not find a good model on friday, there will be more interviews on Monday and Tuesday morning (March 14-15 ). If you did not get in on Friday and would like to try out again, you are more than welcome to come.
Either check back to this journal or check a notice that will be located by the bookstore(green hall. It will be there after 8th period; guaranteed). This notice will state who was chosen or if more interviews are to be taken place.
Date of interviews: Friday, March 11
Location of Interviews: Library by the Private computer room
Time: Before 1st period!
Suggestions: Wear something nice. I won't be able to properly judge if youre drapped with an oversized hoodie
If you get in: You will be contacted that night via phone or email.
IF I DON'T FIND A MODEL ON FRIDAY...
Date of new interviews: Monday and Tuesday, March 14-15
Location of Interviews: Same
Time: Before 1st period.
If you get in: Same
Other info: If You did not get in on Friday and would like to try out again, for what ever reason, you can try out again on these times.
CHECK BACK HERE ( OR THE NOTICE THAT WILL BE POSTED BY THE BOOKSTORE - GREEN HALL. IT IS GUARANTEED TO BE THERE AFTER 8TH PERIOD) TO SEE IF INTERVIEWS WILL BE TAKING PLACE ON MONDAY AND TUESDAY!!
FOR ANY ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS YOU CAN CONTACT ME AT... firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep in mind this photoshoot will be VERY informal! and photoshoots will be taking place at my own home make shift studio.
FINAL NOTE: There will be two women chosen as BACKUPS. If the prime choice model cannot comply with the time or how I work, these two will be contacted ASAP for a new photoshoot.